I have just recently come out of hiatus.
Please see the I'm Back for Now and the About the Blogger tabs for more information!

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

About My Beauty Regimen

LOL, I'm sorry I've been posting mostly blogger tags and awards lately. School's creeping back up on me, so I haven't the time to take proper pictures for product reviews.  At least today's tag is about makeup? :D

I borrowed this from Diary of a Late Bloomer. Check out her blog too! Originally there was a part about skincare, but I omitted that since I'm not very confident about skincare blogging. The only skincare advice I can give with utmost certainty is to wash your face often so it stays clean! :))
Obligatory just-so-there's-a-picture picture.
The makeup I used today: the usual three suspects,
Maybelline Lash Stiletto, and TFS Cushion Touch Jelly Tint


What foundation do you use?
The Face Shop Hydro Splash BB Cream

How about concealer?
Revlon Colorstay Blemish Concealer

Do you know your undertone color?
Yellow

What do you think of fake eyelashes?
They're pretty, but I find them too heavy for my lids. I think they're great for photoshoots but not for every day.

Did you know that you are supposed to change your mascara every 3 months?
Yes. It's the only "makeup expiry law" I seriously follow. As for other products, as long as they don't smell bad and don't make my skin react horribly, they're good enough for me! (Then again, I really only started having makeup two years ago. If I haven't already finished something in my stash, I've either thrown it out or given it away - and only because I didn't like it anymore, not because it smelled funky. )

What brand of mascara do you use?
Whatever's the cheapest! Three month expiry, after all. I've had one from Nichido, another from Etude House, another from EB (it was amazingly BAD so I felt too lazy to review it), and my latest one is from Maybelline. I think it's safe to say I've gotten over my fear of eyelash makeup. XD

Sephora or MAC?
MAC

Do you have a MAC Pro-card?
Nope

What makeup tools do you use in make up application?
Makeup sponges, brushes, and my fingers

Do you use make-up base/primer for the eyes?
Yes, ELF Golden Peach. Sucks as a blush/highlighter, great as an eyeshadow base!

For the face?
Nope. I think the BB cream is base enough.

What is your favorite eyeshadow?
Neutrals (like Majomajo Caramelisee) and purples (like Elianto Plum Wine)!

Do you use pencil or liquid eyeliner?
Pencil. When I feel hardcore enough, I'll try liquid liner.

How often do you poke your eyes with an eyeliner pencil?
Never. But I have poked my eyes with a mascara wand before. :P

What do you think of pigment eyeshadows?
Messy!

Do you use mineral makeup?
Healthy for the skin, but messy! So no, I don't.

What is your favorite lipstick?
MAC See Sheer ♥

How about lipgloss?
TFS Extreme Rouge

What is your favorite blush to use?
I can't decide on just one! NARS Mata Hari and Etude House Cream Choux

Do you buy your makeup on ebay?
No, but I'd like to try.

Do you like drugstore makeup?
Yes! Cheap thrills yay!

Do you go to CCO's? (cosmetic company outlets)
No, I don't know where they are. If I did I'd love to go one day though.

Did you ever consider taking make-up classes?
Yes. I want to enrol myself in one of those personal make-up classes, preferably a course focusing on eye makeup!

Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?
I'd like to believe that I'm not! :))

Name a makeup crime that you hate?
Clownface! (Except when you're really a clown, of course.)

Do you like colorful shades of makeup?
Yes, on the lips!

Which celebrity always has great make up?
Internationally, Angelina Jolie. Locally, Kris Aquino. (Her personality leaves much to be desired, but I do respect her makeup "wardrobe".)

If you could leave the house using just ONE make up item,what would you use?
Stila CC in Poppy! Two for one!

Could you ever leave the house without any makeup on?
Yes! I did so as a child and there's no reason for me to stop doing it now when I feel like it. (It's just more fun to go out in makeup haha)

Do you think you look good even without any makeup on?
Barring the irritating post-thesis pimple scars I got last year, I think I look decent enough. :D

In your opinion, what is the BEST makeup line?
High end: NARS, hands down. Timeless AND trendy.
International drugstore: Revlon, although Covergirl comes a close second.
Local drugstore: Careline! Good blush and super pigmented lipgloss at dirt cheap prices! I wonder if they make decent powder too? (AHA! An idea for a blog review!)

What do you think of Makeup??
Makeup is the grown up little girl's upgrade to crayons and colored pencils. Makeup is meant to make people look AND feel good!

Anyone else feel like answering this tag? Please go ahead! Don't forget to drop the links to your finished posts in the comments~  ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...