I have just recently come out of hiatus.
Please see the I'm Back for Now and the About the Blogger tabs for more information!

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Etude House Miss Tangerine Cream Choux Blusher: #02 Miss Peach

This was one of two things I wanted from Etude House's March collection, the other one being their Follow Me tint. The shades available for this blush intrigued me, and the formulation seemed interesting as well.

I wondered a little bit about the "choux" part in the name, so I googled. Turns out choux is a type of dough used for treats like eclairs and cream puffs. Does this mean this blush is meant to have the texture of choux cream, the lovely lovely dense sweet filling used in certain amazing pastries?  If so, then I'm all the more intrigued!

(Yes, I love eclairs and cream puffs. My thighs don't though. :P)

Price: P328.00
Location Bought: Etude House SM Megamall
Approximate Date Bought: March 17, 2011


Packaging: The Cream Choux blushers come in squeeze tubes, like lip gloss. This is the first time I've seen cream blush packaged like this, and I like the idea. Putting cream blush in a sleek tube makes it more portable and more hygienic. Also, because I am a very tactile person, I like the smooth "velvety" material they used to construct the tubes.

Color and Pigmentation: Miss Peach is the most wearable shade out of the four available. It's a pretty peachy orange shade that comes on very strong when unblended, but feathers out into a beautiful almost-tint-like finish when blended. Like the Shu I reviewed previously, this is one of those light colored but strongly pigmented blushes.

Formulation: The CCB does indeed feel as dense as eclair filling - love the texture! It's scentless, blends beautifully and does not require a lot of product per application. It also lasts half a day on me. I wouldn't say it was a cream blush though, because it doesn't feel like the other cream products I own. It feels more like a mousse (or like French pastry filling ♥) in my opinion.

In Action:  In person, Miss Peach gives a nice, natural boost to my cheeks, making them look more defined in a "daytime" sort of way. Even my dad, who rarely ever pays attention to people's makeup, noticed the effect. "Oh, pumayat ka ata ah!" he said. "Your cheekbones are becoming more defined!"

I've included two pictures for this part of the review, a close up, to show how the blush looks on my cheek, and a full face panakot ng daga one to show the boosting effect. Hopefully you can see the blush on both pictures, even just a teeny tiny tinge of it. Why are peach blushes so hard to photograph? Pinks are way more cooperative.
 

8 comments:

  1. wah. that one i am forcing my friend to buy for me as a gift, but when we went to etude house here in Festival it was out of stock. LUCKY you. I so want that. (salivates) lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blush looks natural and pretty on you. And your full face pic certainly does not look like a panakot ng daga. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pammy - Aww, thank you! <3
    Quin - Haha, that's the reason why I got this as soon as I heard it was out. Nasense ko na magkakaubusan haha! I was able to drop by Etude Mega the other day, one of the SAs mentioned they'd have new Miss Tangerine stocks by the end of May daw. Hopefully! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. baka naman pumapayat ka na talaga, hindi mo lang napapansin! hehehehehe! I think I'm going to purchase this choux blush one of these days, but I have to finish at least one cream blush before I can purchase another. Oh well...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah - haha how i wish totoo yang pumapayat na nga ako! sobrang bum ko this summer! XD get this na sis, it's a really good buy. but then again, wala pa namang stocks sa etude so may time ka pang ubusin yung blush mo :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have this and i love it! :) great review dear. i have been having the same problem as you do. sometimes when the blush blends in so perfectly it doesn't show up on cam na... >.<

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sugar - ah, the struggles of makeup bloggers! XD if i figure out how to take proper pictures of blushes like these, i'll be sure to let you know. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love that blush! everything about it is just super cute :D
    thanks for following btw, i'll follow you, too <3
    lippi~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...