I have just recently come out of hiatus.
Please see the I'm Back for Now and the About the Blogger tabs for more information!

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Careline Vitamin E Lip Gloss 103

This is just as pigmented as TFS's Extreme Rouge, at a fraction of the price! A couple days before grad, I met up with one of my blockmates to have our legs waxed at our usual waxing salon. This time though, she wanted to go to the Robinsons branch for a change of  pace. Opportunity presented itself! I had been reading about these amazing glosses during the time, and since I was already in one of the few malls that carried it, I took advantage of the said opportunity. :D

Price: P60.00
Location Bought: Robinsons Galleria
Approximate Date Bought: mid April 2011


Packaging: The test tube shape is cute but I don't see the point. Why does it have to be test tube shaped? So there's more product? Then again, I guess packaging doesn't always have to have a point. XD

The cap is really short compared to the applicator wand, like 80% wand, 20% cap. This makes me worry about the wand constantly. It's not flimsy per se, but I keep thinking the wand will break off at some point because it's so long.

Color and Pigmentation: 103 is a purple-pink, like a more wearable version of this lipstick. As you can see, pigmentation is very strong. I feel like I put poster paint, and not lip gloss, on my forearm in the swatch below.

Formulation: The gloss smells like grape candy - good grape candy that isn't too cloying. Despite its paint-like appearance, it does not feel heavy. It isn't sticky either, and it lasts a good 4-5 hours. In fact, 103 performs exactly like an Extreme Rouge gloss, except with one BIG difference: it's very drying on me. So much for the supposed Vitamin E in the formula. Pre-gloss balm is definitely needed for this product.

In Action: Careline's glosses are amazing despite their drying-ness and minimal availability. They're dirt cheap, super pigmented, and they come in a wide range of colors (I think there were 12?) - great for those who like to experiment. Hey, I think I know why they're shaped like test tubes now!

Spending an additional P100 for a moisturizing balm to pair with this product isn't too bad. Your total expenses would still be a very friendly P160.00, or even less, if you buy a balm below P100.

I only wish they sold this in malls other than Robinsons, so that we'd all be able to get at them more easily!

21 comments:

  1. what a 'shocking' pink tone. I think I should get some saturated gloss like this too. thx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lina - Haha yes, it's quite a bold statement gloss. Write a review if you ever get some saturated glosses, ok? ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so pink! I wonder if Watsons have that too?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristen - No, it's only sold at Robinsons malls. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww di ka hiyang dito?

    mas nag ddry lips ko sa eb matte lipstick :D

    ganda ng shade nya sayo sakin parang uminom ako ng vinegar pag suot to hehehe :D

    pero cute to for pictorials :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aika - Haha bumenta sakin yung vinegar comment! XD Nagagamit ko naman pang everyday, sinasamahan ko nalang ng lip balm. Pero onga, super OK sya for pictorials. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ang cuuuuteee ng color! I wish I got this too a while ago. I only grabbed the one in #104. Boo me :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh! It looks so cute on you. I got a couple of these glosses recently, too, but I passed on this shade because I was pretty sure it wouldn't suit me. Haha. I also wish this would be sold elsewhere, too.

    Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also have this shade. For me, it's works fine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. pink kung pink! :) i think it looks cute on you. i tried this brand but it didn't work for me. :( i hate how my skin and lips react adversely to products that seem to work well for everyone else. arrghhhh!!! >.<"

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope this is available in Festival mall since they have robinson's as dept store.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Is this only available @ Rob? I can't find this sa SM eh. Iba yung packaging ng mga Careline lipgloss sa SM. But I hope the same lang yung formula :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aya - Yes, only at Robinsons. Kaasar nga eh, these are so much better than the Careline lipglosses that SM has. XD

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have four colors of these. :)
    I liked the nudy colored one. I bought mine at Festival mall...

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh it looks super vibrant! i feel so fortunate, malapit lang ako sa gale xDD

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gusto ko itryyy~ I've been looking around SM dept stores and Watsons iba ung packaging and they don't have those shades. Lagot sa kin yan mamaya sa Galleria! Imma get all the shades! =)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice color! Thank you sis for giving me an idea on what shade to purchase next from this line. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. only Php 60? I think its a good deal! :) thanks for this post! I think I'm gonna try for this soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cool this is more like a glossy lipstick. Very pigmented.

    ReplyDelete
  20. i also have this too and in the same color. && i think it would last to me for a very long time cause i only use a very very small amount each time just to have a nice tint on my lips since its very pigmented.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is very much pigmented though the shades I've got(including this) aren't very wearable :O
    And that shimmery red one has glitters that are so gritty!

    But anyway, since it's waaaaaay pigmented, you could actually use it as a lipstain. Not bad for 60php :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...