I have just recently come out of hiatus.
Please see the I'm Back for Now and the About the Blogger tabs for more information!

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Maybelline Colorsensational Lipstick: Summer Sunset

Yet another red. I'm experimenting with the formulas from various American drugstore brands. I have yet to try Covergirl's lipsticks - I can't seem to find any good shades. Any suggestions? :D

Price: P299.00
Location Bought: Watsons SM Megamall
Approximate Date Bought: late 2010



Packaging: DO NOT WANT. Well, it works, but when I saw the Colorsensational line's Western packaging, it made me sad. How come Asia doesn't get the nice crystalline-style tubes? But for what it's worth, the Colorsensational packaging available here does not feel flimsy and is very easy to spot on a crowded dresser (or inside a messy bag) thanks to its bright red (or pink, or bronze, or orange, depending on the color family) body.

Color and Pigmentation: Summer Sunset is a semi-opaque, glossy red with tones of pink and orange.

Formulation: Summer Sunset applies smoothly, but I find it drying. It also feels heavier on me somehow. I prefer Revlon Colorburst's consistency. Maybelline Colorsensational's formula is good for its price, however.

Actual Usage:

4 comments:

  1. i own the US version of Summer sunset and pansin ko the shade is lighter compared to the local version.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^Really sis? Haha sana they made the shades (and packaging) consistent nalang!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well i would have to agree that the packaging is not that appealing hmmmm.... :/ sorry i actually don't own anything from covergirl as all the stuff i purchases from them were but disappointments for me. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried really hard so I can at least buy one, but sadly, not even one shade suits me! :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...