I have just recently come out of hiatus.
Please see the I'm Back for Now and the About the Blogger tabs for more information!

Friday, July 16, 2010

The Body Shop delipscious sheer lip colour: 05 Elderberry

(Thesis? What thesis? :P)

Elderberry is a lovely plum lipstick from TBS' new delipscious line, which claims to have all-natural, food-grade ingredients. This is currently my main lip product. It is ♥!

Price: around P700.00
Location Bought: The Body Shop Shang
Approximate Date Bought: last month



Packaging: A sleek metal tube with apples (at least I think that's what they are) on the bottom half, and the product name on the top half. Simple and stylish, I like! My only concern is that with a metal tube that conducts heat faster, won't this product melt more easily? Best not to leave this inside one's car or out in the sun, then.
Colors: It looks like a scary mangkukulam purple in the tube, but it's actually a very pretty reddish purple - a plum!




Pigmentation: Buildable. Lasts a good 6 hours without eating or drinking, but if you do eat or drink, be prepared to reapply.
L: one swipe, R: two swipes

Actual Usage: With the product line's description, I was half hoping that this product would taste like elderberries, a fruit which I am very curious about. Unfortunately it didn't taste like anything. It does have a berry-like smell at least, but alongside that berry scent is something milky-sweet, like white chocolate. I don't like the white chocolate smell, so it's good that the scent doesn't last on my lips. The moisture level is pretty good on this one, but I still layer it over lip balm just in case. My lips dry easily. :P
One layer
Two layers
The main reason why I love Elderberry is because it's a dark-ish color that brightens up my face well. Dark lip colors fascinate me!

1 comment:

  1. Oooh! I've tried several body shop prods but I havent really gone through their lippies.

    It's amazing how that eggplantish color turned glam pink on your lips. or is it just my monitor?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...