I have just recently come out of hiatus.
Please see the I'm Back for Now and the About the Blogger tabs for more information!

Friday, June 4, 2010

Etude House BB Magic Pact

Lots of reviews all over the internet for this already, like this one and this one. Just throwing my personal opinion into the mix. :P

Price: P678.00
Location Bought: Etude House SM Megamall
Approximate Date Bought: January 2010

Why is it that when I take pictures of compacts, the table
ends up looking more orange-yellow than it really is? :|




Packaging: Can you say PRINCESSY? Out of all the Etude compacts, I believe this one is the girliest. I wish it came in the shiny black lacquer-finish material used in their hair brushes and mirrors, though. That would be AWESOMELY classy.

I really like that octopus pendant haha!

Color: I got shade two, the darker shade. It is sad that "dark" by Korean standards is still light for much of the Philippine market. If they made more shades, they'd be able to make much more money.


Actual Usage: This, along with their Peach pact and old faithful Pigeon, are currently my go-to powders. The BB pact gives me a nice, matte finish, although it has a tendency to leave a white cast when overapplied, so if your skintone is similar to mine, apply with a light hand! As it wears off, I like the way it tones down shine and turns it into the so-called dewy effect. I'm actually not a fan of the dewy effect, but it's a much better alternative to becoming a reflective surface. (It'll give you enough time to head to the bathroom and reapply!)
In other news, I added this paragraph to the About the Blog section:
I am pretty new to the makeup world, so most of the products I review here are usually my "firsts". Even though I cannot compare them to industry standards like MAC, I continue writing these reviews so that other people who are also new to makeup have something to go on. It's a "by a noob, for noobs" sort of thing.

3 comments:

  1. I wish we have Etude House here in Baguio.

    Lots of love,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think everyone's opinion is as valid as any makeup pro and is worth considering when purchasing new products. LOL! :)

    I haven't tried any of Etude House's powders. I actually have many that I should finish. LOL! But I might get one for my on the go makeup kit. :( Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am starting to love the peach pact again. rainy season na, pwede na sa oily skin ko.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...