I have just recently come out of hiatus.
Please see the I'm Back for Now and the About the Blogger tabs for more information!

Monday, April 21, 2014

Tony Moly Clean Dew Acerola Foam Cleanser

My sister got the Blueberry variant. I was a jealous ate, so I got this variant.
Price: PHP178.00 (USD4.00)
Date Bought:  April 16, 2014
Location Bought: Tony Moly SM Mega


Acerola is a relative of the cherry. It is reputedly one of the fruits with the highest Vitamin C content.

 This facial foam smells like candied sour cherries. Since I have never seen or tasted an acerola before, I imagine this is what the fruit smells like. Strangely, it reminds me of Strawberry Fruitella. Some people may not like the scent because it's rather strong, but I like it. Because of its sour candy scent, it helps wake me up in the mornings.



The foam is slightly pink and has the consistency of yogurt that's been left outside the refrigerator for several minutes.
It lathers up into a rich, velvety confection without too many bubbles.




 I'm not a chemist, and I don't really know much about the sodium laureth sulfate debacle, but perhaps the lack of bubbles is a good thing because it means there are no extenders in the product. As a casual jealous sister though, I like its lathered-up texture.


True to the product's claims at the store display, it is indeed "healthy and invigorating." After washing my face with this foam, my skin feels refreshed and tightened. It also does a good job of removing makeup. I've also found that if I wash my face twice in a row using this product, I get glowing skin.

Would I buy this again? Definitely. I'd like to try the Lemon Brightening variant as well, even though it doesn't smell as pleasant to me. (The lemon version smells like dishwashing liquid, in my opinion!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...