I have just recently come out of hiatus.
Please see the I'm Back for Now and the About the Blogger tabs for more information!

Monday, October 25, 2010

Etude House Baby Skin Veiling Pact

This is my fourth (!) powder product from Etude. (I believe it is time for me to stop buying powder products ahaha.) Lately, I have been cycling it with this powder, and also this.

Price: P478.00
Location Bought: Etude House SM Megamall
Date Bought: June 2, 2010



Packaging: As usual, it's girly, it's princessy, it's pink. The plastic used has a bit of shimmer, which I think is a nice touch. The entire compact has a good heft to it and comfortably fits in one hand, which saves it from looking and feeling cheap like this poor thing (which is still an awesome product nonetheless). Somehow, this also strikes me as the sort of thing little girls would be happy to play with. A possible Christmas gift idea for nieces/daughters/little sisters, maybe? :D


Strangely, this is the only Etude powder that makes use of rectangular pans. No worries if you need a powder puff replacement though - the store stocks rectangular puffs too. I think a pack of two was around P78.00. However, I apply this with a brush more often.




Color: This is shade 2, the darker of the two available, which (surprise surprise) is still light for the Filipino skintone spectrum. (Wishful thinking: Dear Korea, please add darker tones to your makeup if you're going to export to other countries.) This matches my skin fine, although I find myself having to blend it in a little longer compared to the other powders I use.
There used to be cute little flowers etched along the corners of the product,
but constant use has already rubbed them off.


Formulation: The product scent reminds me of Johnson's baby powder. It feels silky smooth when applied and does not leave my face feeling heavy. It gives me medium coverage and evens out as well as brightens up my skintone. It also has sun protection, SPF22 PA ++ to be exact. Unfortunately, BSV wears off in around 2 hours WITHOUT the dewy effect that the BB magic pact provides when it starts wearing off. Yes, shininess again in just 120 minutes. Since retouching will be required often, I don't recommend using this when you're going to be outdoors and/or moving around a lot.


Actual Usage: It's my bare nose again! Take note of the shine and slight redness in the area.


And here it is with the powder applied. No more shine, no more redness! The area itself also looks more brightened up. Too bad it only lasts for such a short time.


Other BSV reviews can be found here, here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...