I have just recently come out of hiatus.
Please see the I'm Back for Now and the About the Blogger tabs for more information!

Thursday, January 7, 2010

What's an "Etude House" anyway?

(aka Why Etude House is the Closet Makeup Geek's Brand of Choice, aaka Why I should Stop Buying From Etude House for the remainder of January)

Etude House is one of the strangest Korean brand names I've encountered. In English, the word "etude" refers to a musical piece that requires a high level of skill to play. Literally speaking, therefore, an "Etude House" is a house where really difficult music is played. That doesn't sound right - Etude House is a makeup store, not a classical concert hall!

In French, the word "etude" means "to study". Study House?! That's a terribly nerdy name for such a girly store! I like it though, it's very me! Geeky on the outside, girly on the inside!

Weird name aside, I SUPER LOVE THIS BRAND! I even made two more hauls after my first visit, much to my wallet's dismay.

Below is Haul 2, which I bought last December 29.

Peach Skin Pact (because I want to try out the dewy look), Cute & Sexy Eyes quad #1, Code B Eyelash Curler, 3 bottles of nail polish


This qualified for a GWP, which was the Code B Eyelash curler. Still haven't used it yet as I'm DEATHLY SCARED of curling my eyelashes. I'll have to get one of my kikay-er blockmates at school to teach me haha

And this is Haul 3, which I bought last January 2.

Strawberry Lolly Pop hand lotion, BB Magic Pact (to replace my Elianto baked powder which recently hit pan), two Petit Darling Eyes matte shadows, Dear Darling matte lipstick 07, and 3 more bottles of nail polish


This also qualified for another GWP: the Etude House folder with a Korean actor on it. I chose not to get it though. LOL sorry, not a fan. XD (If it were a geek icon like sexy sexy Zac Quinto I would've gotten it, though. >:D But then again, what does the actor who plays Sylar in Heroes and Spock in Star Trek have to do with makeup?)

Reviews of these products coming soon! In the meantime, I should probably glue my hands together so I don't end up spending my money on makeup for the rest of the month. :P

7 comments:

  1. I've been telling myself not to go back to Etude House while the duo fiber brush is OOS coz I'd sure be getting one of everything that I lay my eyes on. Everything in that store is freaking tempting. I hate pink, but I can't resist the packaging and the price. It's a good thing that quality isn't compromised :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wahhh. nice hauls sis hehe.
    hindi pa din ako nakakapunta ng etude house :(

    wala na din kasing money pang etude house hahahahaha. :p

    i'll stay tuned for the reviews :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. your EH collection is surely growing =P

    oh i hope you will love curling your eyelashes, i got hooked on it years ago and never ever leave home without doing that, LOLs. i am using a curler similar design to that but is of a japanese brand. let us know does this EH one works. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hayss, sana we have etude house hr in Baguio =(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Etude house :)
    I have the lash curler, it doesn't hurt!
    Oh, and I'm following you back :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey sis! i have the same kind of lash curler, but i bought mine at hbc for only 56php (i thought i had the greatest buy because well, i was really looking for this type of curler). But to my dismay, Landmark (trinoma) also has one for only 39php. hmmm sayang!

    just a thought!

    soliloquy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello! First visit! :)

    I love how Etude House (so nobody knows the meaning of that name?) designs their packagings. Always cute and girly! I like their 'dove-effect' nail polish, btw. It has pastel colours and convenient. :) Their lip balm in that tin jar is cute and nice too!

    http://citraramya.tumblr.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...